Daniel Lepage on 25 Nov 2003 19:51:22 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] The Roster

On Monday, November 24, 2003, at 11:45 PM, SkArcher wrote:

Been meaning to do this for a while. Part tidy-up, part necessary.

I propose;

{{__The Roster__

ammend rule 24 to read;

{{

A.There exists a document called The Roster. The Roster consists of a list. The Roster shall contain entries for each Proposing Entity, Lost Soul and Society. The Roster shall also contain the time, in Ntime and real time (dateline UTC).

B.1.Entries for Players must show the Players Name, eir Dimensions and a list of any other attributes associated with em.

You might want to specify 'public' attributes - I don't think we have any secret attributes right now, but we might at some point.

B.2.Entries for Lost Souls must show the Lost Souls name, the date e joined and the date e left B Nomic and any other name e had been known as.

B.3.Entries for Societies must show the Name of the Society, a list of the members of that society, any Bandwidth or Dimensions possessed by the Society and a link to the Charter of that Society.

C.Updating the Roster shall be a Duty, known as The Roster Duty.

}}

add a susection to section D of rule 1583 [[Duties]];

{{
The Roster Duty.
The Roster Duty shall Require Attention at the begining of the nweek, if there

So we won't keep a running total of players' scores?

has been any change made to the information that should be noted on The Roster in the preceeding nweek. It is the responsibility of the Player carrying out The Roster Duty to ammend The Roster so that it shows the correct information
                      ^ the word 'ammend' needs one fewer m.

and make it available, either in a Public Forum or on an accessable webpage [[Rob, can we use the Wiki for this?]]. The Perk for performing The Roster Duty shall be 10 points.

}}

}}

At some point the Generic Nomic Data Tracker was brought up (see http://kevan.org/generic ); a system like that might be the best, rather than simply using a Wiki, as it better allows people to log the reasons for the changes and whatnot (so that we don't have one person updating the Wiki to give a player the 20 points e just got, then another player doing it again without realizing the points have already been added)

comments, questions, nitpicks? Oh, it needs keywords, but i'll sort that tomorrow when I can track down exactly what keywords it needs in Wonkos new system (suggestions will be accepted, hint hint).

Hmmmm... some things are harder to categorize...

I'd suggest that 24 get Objects:Roster, Duties:Roster, Objects:Players, Objects:Societies, maybe? I dunno - does this seem like something you'd want to see if you looked up players or societies? Maybe not...

How about: (Objects:Roster, Duties:Roster, Gameplay:Reporting:Roster) ?

If we're planning on seriously remodeling the ruleset, though, I may just wait until we've done so and then go through and propose new keywords for whatever we have left.

--
Wonko