SkArcher on 25 Nov 2003 03:47:58 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: spoon-discuss Digest, Vol 5, Issue 17

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 22:42:54 -0500, Daniel Lepage <dpl33@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Monday, November 24, 2003, at 10:27 PM, SkArcher wrote:

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 21:24:10 -0600 (CST), David E. Smith <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003, Daniel Lepage wrote:

It's kind of irritating how hard it's becoming to track the game...

No kidding. :-)

One thing I have been thinking of suggesting is to form a large prop to tidy the ruleset up and reset the game in early January, to remove all the extraneous entries and useless odds and end, and to make the game easier to track. If anyone has any good ideas, post em and we can make it unauthored

I wonder if perhaps we'd profit from creating a new 'intial' ruleset and simply proposing to replace the old one with a new one... a sort of 'B Nomic Round 2' thing...

At the very least, here are some things that either aren't being used, or seem to have lost their 'spark', AFAICT:
Style
Pink Scarf
BAC
Gremlins
Gender
Philosophy
The LOGAS
Kicks in the Ass
Quotes
Literary Forms
A La Carte Props
Offers
Unbridled Hostility
Alcohol
The Gallery
Parties
Deputies
N-Triggers
Duties
Spaces
The Grid
The Galactic Institute's Prize for Extreme Cleverness
The Cactus Jack Memorial Prize
Stylistics

I'm not claiming that all of these should be repealed; I'm merely drawing attention to the fact that they exist, and that we're not doing anything with them right now.

Duties I keep meaning to build something on, or to transfer the existing ministries to them, but the fact is that there is a lot of dead wood to be cut away until we are down to what is useful in game before I can do that, and jobtime has been intruding in the run up to christmas.

Likewise, I think N-Triggers is necessary, and can be used for somethings other than the Win rule (of which it is an inherent part)

The rest I either agree with or cannot instantly recall the use of, which is a bad sign in and of itself

SkArcher