Anything McGee on 19 Nov 2003 04:58:44 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Nweek 53 BALLOT

> From the prop:
>
>  There exist Game Objects known as Bandwidth Chits. Any object can
>possess Bandwidth Chits. X Bandwidth Chits, where X is a number, may be
>  written as XBW.
>
>  At the beginning of each nweek, the number of Chits held by each
>player  becomes 10, and the number of Chits held by the Admin becomes
>4, unless  another rule specifies otherwise.

But it doesn't identify what Chits signify.  Sure, we all know, but it would still be undefined in the rules.  And anyway, I think everyone knows my position on bandwidth, so "shelve" is the best vote a prop would get, if it includes bandwidth.

>But there's nothing worth putting in there right now;

Then it can wait.

>and the current structuring of the rest of the rule means that the
>dimension "Style" won't exist unless there's a section
>entitled "Style" in that rule.

We don't have anything "worth putting in there," so we don't need a Style section.  If something necessary or desirable did exist, then we could add it; but it's a basic principle of economics that a currency (in this case Style) has no value if it is undefined.

McGee.