Anything McGee on 3 Oct 2003 23:54:55 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] NWEEK 50 BALLOT

>It's debatable whether the Baron could have used your proxy. Although
>r208/2 states that the holder of a proxy may cast votes in the name of
>the proxy donor, it also states that the donor is considered to have
>cast those votes, which, since you were On Leave, seems like a
>violation of r15.A, which states that a player who is On Leave cannot
>vote.

R15.A says, "A player may not vote if e is On Leave."  I had already taken myself Off Leave before voting.  R15.D says in reference to Preemptive Votes, "If the Player returns from Leave before the end of Voting, eir PVs are erased, and that Player must vote in the normal manner."  R.208 says, "A player who has given eir proxy to another entity may withdraw it at any time."

There is absolutely no reason for my votes to not count, unless they were received past the deadline (which, going by the Clock on the web site, they were not).  I was On Leave, until I wasn't.  I then withdrew my proxy from BvS, and voted.  Pretty simple, methinks.

McGee.