Daniel Lepage on 2 Oct 2003 20:32:00 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] NWEEK 50 BALLOT

On Thursday, October 2, 2003, at 03:02 PM, Baron von Skippy wrote:

I take myself Off Leave, having returned from DC.  I think I still
have time to cast my votes, but otherwise I yield to my proxy to BvS.

It's debatable whether the Baron could have used your proxy. Although
r208/2 states that the holder of a proxy may cast votes in the name of
the proxy donor, it also states that the donor is considered to have
cast those votes, which, since you were On Leave, seems like a
violation of r15.A, which states that a player who is On Leave cannot
vote.

-Well, which takes precedence? We do have that system for a reason.-

r15 takes precedence, by virtue of a lower id number and higher chutzpah. But it's not clear that there's a conflict; one says you can cast votes in eir name, and we'll consider those votes to have come from em; whereas the other says e can't vote... so one could argue that either you can't do anything because e can't vote, or that you can vote but those votes won't be considered to have come from em, or that the votes, while being considered to have been cast by em, weren't actually cast by em, so it's legal...

--
Wonko