Daniel Lepage on 24 Sep 2003 00:58:35 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Auto Remailer

On Tuesday, September 23, 2003, at 07:35 PM, Joel Uckelman wrote:

Thus spake Daniel Lepage:

On Tuesday, September 23, 2003, at 06:41 PM, SkArcher wrote:

If you would. In specific I want a program that accepts 1 e-mail from
each
player and mails them out to the business list at a checkpoint. If a
second
mail is sent from a specific player, the first mail is discarded and
the
second mail is sent (rinse and repeat that bit for third and
subsequent of
course)

That's significantly harder to do... somehow the program would have to
be notified whenever the clock turned off and on, or else it wouldn't
know when checkpoints hit.

--
Wonko

Right now, responses from each address my program asks for a reply are
individually necessary and jointly sufficient for the escrow to be released. What you want is for one or more messages to be individually sufficient for
releasing the escrow. That way, you can have the clock send mail when
there's a checkpoint, thus triggering a release.

Can the clock do that reliably? I know at one point the clock was having the same problem you want to use it to solve - when the Game Clock stopped, the clock shown on the website kept ticking until Dave manually reset it.

Has that been fixed?

--
Wonko