Craig on 21 Sep 2003 20:36:36 -0000

RE: [spoon-discuss] Puzzle Games

>>any

>>moving
>>
>>>How would this be advantageous? Why not just go first?
>>
>>You mean aside from the fact that Nomic players like to be evil?
>-There's a big difference between evil and highly self-interested.
Personally, I prefer evil, but not in this game - people don't vote for
>your props if they hate you, no matter the merits of the proposals
themselves.-

True, but evil is fun anyway.

>>::Thinks for a while::
>>
>>Y'know, I think I like the semi-cooperative problem solving idea better.
>-What happens if you have a perfect square number of players? I mean, it's
kind of pointless to have a 4x3 square for nine players, because
>then everyone should be able to move every checkpoint, and it turns into
"declare a move, get a point." I can make a simpler game based on
>that. In it, players declare a move to a location defined by x and y values
and get points. It's a fun game.-

Hey, I'd play.

>>Or we could just get more players for the Mercantile Society, which is
much
>>better thought out.

>-Tunnelers all the way... I joined and I got two points! You, too, can also
be a Tunnelers Success Story!-

There's no reason you can't do both. The more subgames you're in, the more
points you can potentially get.

 -- Teucer

"Well, perl can do pretty much anything as long as it is hard to read."
 -ShawnF

ragnarok@xxxxxxxxx
teucer@xxxxxxxxxx