Daniel Lepage on 12 Sep 2003 00:37:19 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Tunnelers discussion

On Thursday, September 11, 2003, at 08:08 PM, Baron von Skippy wrote:

Question: How many people are thinking of joining the tunnelers game? I
mean, it's not really all that interesting with just the three of us
(me, BvS, and bd); are other people interested in joining the game?

-Join us... join us... no, really. It's dull as anything. Get in here. It's not like 4 points is that much.-

What a great way to draw in new people. "C'mon everybody, play! It's dull as anything!" If I weren't already playing, I'd be pulled in by that. It makes me want to quit the game just so that I get to join it all over again!

I think what the Baron meant to say was, "Woohoo! Look at how much fun this is! I'm having fun! Are you having fun? If you're not having fun, you must be facing away from your computer when you type. Because even WATCHING this game is fun! So JOIN, JOIN, JOIN! If you don't you'll regret for the rest of your life! Studies have shown that playing Tunnelers improves your mental abilities by 700%! It whitens teeth! And cures cancer! JOIN NOW, BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE! If you don't join, you'll never meet anyone of the opposite sex again! Your underwear drawer will catch fire, everyone you love will be killed in a Saharan brushfire, and THE WORLD WILL BLOW UP!

Marty von Futler joined the Underground society, and three days later, he won the Nobel Prize in Literature! Without even writing anything! Sandra J. Buckenhoff decided not to join, and was run over by an elephant-shaped parade float THE VERY SAME DAY! When there WASN'T EVEN A PARADE! THIS COULD HAPPEN TO YOU!

Everybody cool is doing it! Everybody PERIOD is doing it! EXCEPT YOU! Do you want to look like a loser? No? Then JOIN, JOIN, JOIN! I'll yell it again! JOIN, JOIN, JOIN! And hey, once more for good measure: JOIN!"

Anyway, I'm sure that's what e meant; it just didn't come out quite right.

--
Wonko