Baron von Skippy on 20 Aug 2003 05:50:46 -0000

RE: [spoon-discuss] RE: [Spoon-business] Go

>>-Edge spaces are more easily surrounded, as one of their sides is the wall.
>Center spaces are harder to surround - thus harder to take. This >is my
>thinking. Now, I've never played Go. This is true. So I'll just make things
>up as I go. At some point, I may look up strategies, but
>
>Playing on the edge is silly. Playing near the edge extends influence toward
>that side, making it more likely that that side will become your territory
>at a later point. Playing near the center isn't harmful, it's just less
>productive in the earlier stages of the game.
-We'll see. If I get flanked out and lose my territory, I'll go grab some territory closer to the edge. If not, I'll sort of hang out where I am.-

>>those only mean so much when applied to this game - standard Go also only
>has two players.-
>
>Very true. I can't wait to see how the differences play out.

-Yeah... so far it just means the game's moving a lot faster and the board will fill up in a few nweeks. Not a bad thing - fast games mean more games.-

[[BvS]]