Glotmorf on 20 Aug 2003 03:54:25 -0000

[spoon-discuss] P1631

With regard to Dave's comment in this proposal on the A La Carte props last nweek...

Technically, no, those weren't attempts to cheat on bandwidth.  I would see an attempt to cheat on bandwidth to be an attempt to submit more point-yielding proposals in an nweek than would otherwise be allowed.  An A La Carte prop, though, doesn't yield any more points than a regular prop, so from a player perspective e hasn't increased eir chance of point gain.

I think I was the one who came up with A La Carte props.  I certainly voted for it if I didn't.  The reason I wanted them was so that, if someone had a prop with a mess of changes in it, and I wanted one of those changes to happen but not the rest, it wasn't necessary for me to vote down the entire prop including the part I wanted.  That's my perspective.

However, I also introduced bandwidth restrictions way early on because of Dave's perspective: more work for him is more work for him.  An A La Carte prop with eleven items is eleven things he has to count votes for, plus he has to figure up the percentages for passed items vs. failed items.

So.  Given what Dave wants, and what I want, is there some way someone can think of for voting in favor of just part of a prop, without making that much work for Dave?

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a blog study in Social Technology.
http://ix.1sound.com/ivoryminitower