Craig on 20 Aug 2003 03:07:08 -0000

RE: [spoon-discuss] RE: [Spoon-business] Go

>>>The "corrected board" doesn't show my stone.  I'd said it should have
>>been
>>placed at D7.
>>
>>But, as Wonko stated, your move did not occur at all. Therefore the
>>corrected board should not account for your stone until you try again.

>Wonko didn't say that, and shouldn't have if e did.  My email specifically
said, "I place a stone at D7, labelled "G"."  As that statement
>was made on the business forum, that action should have occurred.  If the
board I displayed didn't reflect the action, it means the board I >displayed
was in error.  My action still occurred.

What e said was:

"Glotmorf's move fails, as e stated 'D7' but put a stone at D6; e thus
did not post an accurate representation of the gamestate, so the move
was illegal."

This is correct if Go is implemented as per the proto that was floating
around before my departure. There may, of course, be differences. Therefore,
either your most recently posted board or my most recently posted board is
correct, but I don't know which one.

 -- Teucer

"Let's vote on how to vote on how to vote!"
 -Adam Raizen

ragnarok@xxxxxxxxx
teucer@xxxxxxxxxx