Mark Karasek on 15 Aug 2003 17:50:04 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] The ruleset

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 12:44:59 -0500, Baron von Skippy <bvs@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Like I said, I did it just to be safe, not because I'm eager to destroy the game. If the ruleset is still intact, then my actions have no effect and this whole thing is over. If not (which I would argue to be the case, although the general consensus seems to be otherwise), I wanted to make sure no one hijacked my scam. Certainly that isn't deserving of Kickings of Ass, right?

-Actually, it is. See, a /nice/ scammer would have rewritten the rules, declared a win, and then put the rules back the way they were... that's my biggest problem with this idea. I'm fine with people screwing around, as long as it doesn't leave any lasting marks.

Also, if general consensus is that your scam isn't legal, who's gonna "hijack" it?-

As I said earlier, I was going to restore the ruleset once it was agreed that I did, in fact, win. And "general consensus" is not synonymous with "unanimous agreement".

--The Pusher Robot