Daniel Lepage on 1 Aug 2003 03:16:50 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Speaking of mayhem...

On Thursday, July 31, 2003, at 09:20  PM, Baron von Skippy wrote:

Did my Imaginary Friends scam predate you? Somehow I thought you were around longer than that. I created 20-some imaginary friends and had them
all vote in favor of a proposal that declared me the winner.  Dave's
reaction, a few hours before the end of voting, was, "Okay, but I'll need
an email address for each one."  Hanfway through frantically creating
Yahoo email addresses, I decided to just appreciate the absurdity instead.

I think that is the second attempted scams this nweek that has _already
been tried_ (both in the first few months, IIRC...). Perhaps we should
write a "History of the Great Scams of B-Nomic"... or would that just give
these younglings ideas?

-"Youngling?" I beg your pardon... anyway, this isn't a redo of the "imaginary friends" scamette from nweek 6. I checked. It looks a little like that, I'll admit, but there is one fundamental difference. That wasn't legal. This is. I know, it's a subtle difference, but it makes a world of difference.-

I think we can say with a high degree of certainty that it wasn't legal.

The problem is apparent in your message, in your usage of the word 'I' - it's the same 'I' every time, which is already a player; you can't become something if you already are it.

But we could award you 50 T-Shirts for it :) (Or better yet, we could give you a "Baron" shirt and 49 "I'm with Baron" T-Shirts)

--
Wonko