Daniel Lepage on 30 Jul 2003 22:21:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] NWEEK 46 BALLOT

On Wednesday, July 30, 2003, at 12:46  AM, Baron von Skippy wrote:

Proposal 1589/1: Setting Stuff on Fire For Fun and Profit (Baron von
Skippy)

No. And for Unbridled Hostility towards Anything McGee, I kick the
Baron in the Ass. Anything found the hole, and didn't even seriously
exploit it; this is a pure ripoff of Anything's scam. I especially
disagree with the proposed titles - if anyone deserves to be "Lord of
the Failure Scam", it's Mr. McGee.

-Apologies to Mr. McGee, but it is because e did /not/ seriously exploit this scam that e doesn't get a "Lord" title. And your Kick is unjustified - not granting someone respect is not hostility. And how many times have you ripped someone off? I remember having about 600 points at one point, up until someone - probably you - pulled a scam that destroyed them. That's hostile if this is, wouldn't you say?-

By 'Rip someone off' I do not mean 'cause someone to lose points'. I mean that e found a perfectly good scam and you grabbed it. I'll concede that since e didn't exploit it, e probably shouldn't get a 'lord' title; but I definitely don't think that anyone else should get one. 'Lord' should be reserved for people who did something clever and got a Win from it; all you did was take Anything McGee's cleverness and try to get a Win from it. Which is perhaps knightworthy, but certainly not lordworthy.

Proposal 1603/1: Political Go (Rob)

Shelve. As this subgame depends on the rules defining 'players' and
'checkpoints', it would not be 'the application of a single rule';
therefore, under r1592, it would have no effect.
-Well, in that case no subgame can exist. Great. Anyone else want to completely ignore this?-

I'd say we'd best repeal r1592.

Proposal 1612/0: What does not kill me nets me a title (Fatally
		 Flawed) (Baron von Skippy)

No. Because even with a Fatal Flaw, you'll still lose points.
-You know, there's a wide line between "friendly competition" and "being a royal ass," and you've crossed it.-

You gave me a choice between effectively voting to give you extra bandwidth, and voting to take away a few of your points. What did you expect me to do? :)

--
Wonko