Daniel Lepage on 30 Jul 2003 04:43:08 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] vSET

On Wednesday, July 30, 2003, at 12:34  AM, Baron von Skippy wrote:

-Well, for one thing, the very nature of vSET makes it all easier if it isn't necessarily an entity controlled by the normal rules. For example, if I told five friends to join B Nomic and the six of us worked in concert, I'd have accomplished the same thing as if five players joined vSET. This way, though, you know the conspiracy exists... Now, what does this mean as far as the charter goes? The statutes of the charter... "They're not so much rules as... guidelines."

So you know that a conspiracy exists and the general rules it follows. If you want to have vSET stricken, go for it. The group will still exist, though.-

I think the point is that in order for the vSET charter to be binding on any players, those players must join it in a rule-prescribed way, which requires Dave's recognition and a publicly available list.

You can still have your conspiracy; but you can't be certain that anyone will follow through, 'cause it can't be an official society.

Actually, rereading your response, I think that may be what you just said, in which case nevermind.

--
Wonko