Daniel Lepage on 25 Jul 2003 04:52:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] More on scams

On Thursday, July 24, 2003, at 09:55  PM, Baron von Skippy wrote:

So three of us get together and make a new game, keeping records online
so we can prove what happened. Or we join another game and agree with
some players there to vote for their proposals if they'll agree to
grant us infinite "wins".

-It's amazing to me that you would bother to take the time to do that over and over. And that you think we wouldn't start ignoring you after a while, say, long before you could win from it. (I'm still fuzzy on how you win through /Style/ anyway...) Really, if you want to gang up on this rule and beat a win through with such a lack of finesse, that's great. Have fun. Of course, that hardly counts as an "instant" win... so so much for that idea, eh?-

It's not a win in this game, it's just style here. But the point is, if I join another game and get them to agree to set up a loophole that, in their game, grants me an infinite number of Wins (note that Win need not be defined the same way in a different game - it could refer to an essentially meaningless object, but they could also go in entirely the opposite direction from us and use it for currency or something). If I then exploit this loophole, I gain 15 Style in this game for doing it, plus 10 for each of the infinite number of Wins I got in that game. Instant infinity.

Of course, I'm already so stylish I can improve property values throughout a neighborhood just by visiting, but that's beside the point :)

--
Wonko