Baron von Skippy on 20 Jul 2003 00:36:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Gutting the Carcass

>>> But thanks for wasting most of your bandwidth on props that will do
>>> nothing but lose you score and charm... always good to gain a little
>>> more relative advantage.
>>
>> Now, I initially thought that, but I'm not so certain. There is
>> nothing says that a prop can't have effects if it fails. Yet. And the
>> only props I've made are a
>> closure of the (theoretical) loophole, so either way I come up
>> smelling of roses thanks to the baron :)
>
>But nothing says it does, and there's no reason to assume it will.
>Nothing indicates that the ruleset will suddenly repeal itself tomorrow
>for no reason; but nothing says it can't either. Does this mean that it
>does?
>
>No.

-You sure? Players can't change the gamestate, but can the ruleset? Well, of course it can. It's self-altering and is the basis of all change to the game. So is it an Entity? Perhaps we should acknowledge it as a being in this game...-

[[BvS]]