Rob Speer on 19 Jul 2003 06:46:01 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Proposal: No Refunds

On Sat, Jul 19, 2003 at 04:38:55AM +0100, SkArcher wrote:
> 19/07/2003 04:16:57, SkArcher <SkArcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> I oncew again re-work my prop (/5 now)
>
> I propose;
>
> {{__No Refunds__

I'll vote against it just because it's totally unnecessary.

Note that in a proposal, you never have to say "If this proposal
passes:". That's because the actions are by definition those that are
taken when the proposal passes. Thus, the "If this proposal fails"
clause can only happen if the proposal both passes and fails.

If "If this proposal fails" clauses were implemented without the
proposal passing, then by extension all other clauses would be
implemented without the proposal passing as well. I am not saying this
is the case, lest someone misunderstand my reductio ad absurdum. The
Proposal rule has implemented proposals as intended since nweek 1.
--
Rob Speer