Craig on 16 Jul 2003 03:38:00 -0000

RE: [spoon-discuss] RE: [Spoon-business] Viva la B!

>> >B Nomic is a soverign nation with territory
>> wherever its players happen to
>> be, and national holidays on December 5 (Founding
>> Day) and X Y
>> >(Independence Day). During national holidays, B
>> Nomic is Partying.
>>
>> These maybe ought to be given in "The xth day of
>> every nyear" - B Nomic
>> holidays occur at a fixed time in the B Nomic
>> calendar, not the calendar of
>> our former imperialist oppressors.

>You mean the Romans?

Umm... Yes, exactly.

I can just imagine the CIA factbook entry. "Independence: July 2003.
Independence from: The Roman Empire." Or perhaps we declare our independence
from the Ottoman Empire. Or Prussia.

Seriously, though, the current calendar is not the one created by the
Romans. Not exactly. The Soviets hated the latest revision, which put the
anniversary of the October Revolution in November.

 -- Teucer

"Somehow jokes are funnier after 3 minutes of belaboured explanation."
 -xod