Baron von Skippy on 15 Jul 2003 04:21:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Proto-prop: Aes Sedai

>>> coexist with my idea. But you could probably have guessed that
>>>
>>> Oh, come off it. I like yours; I just like mine better. And that only
>>> because of SkArcher's objection that the Source relies on outside
>>> materials.
>>>
>> -No offense meant; you have a nice idea. I like mine better because I
>> get the feeling a lot of people have been exposed to enough of those
>> outside materials to have a decent grasp of the concept, and the rest
>> can use the URLs I posted. (Again, I'll probably be using those same
>> URLs a lot myself.)-
>
>I'd rather prefer to have this game be a game of B Nomic, not a game of
>'Wheel of Time RPG'. Yes, we've incorporated outside things before,
>such as the Force and Football, but always in minor amounts; you're
>suggesting reshaping the entirety of the game around WoT. Also, the way
>your system is set up, knowledge of the books is practically essential,
>since the Ministers of the Source are expected to permit/forbid things
>according to the book; football and the force could be played with even
>by someone who had never heard of either, simply by reading the rule.
>
>Again, as a private theme park, this would be fine; but I'd rather not
>see the entire game built up around it.

-Well, as I recall, this was one of two ideas I threw out, the other being a sort of construction-based ministry along these lines. That in and of itself would stop the game from being a WoT RPG and make it more complex, especially if people were to try mixing magic and technology, as Glotmorf suggested. Also, this isn't a copyrighted idea... anyone with an idea for another abstract ministry, feel free to suggest it. I don't want to make this a WoT RPG either, I just want this to be a part of the game. Or I could write up the construction proto-prop, but that will take longer, as I'd need to come up with a list of basic building materials (ideally, one would be able to make more complex objects from these, and more complex from those, and so on). Any suggestions as to that?

[[BvS]]-

[[BvS]]