Baron von Skippy on 15 Jul 2003 01:58:01 -0000

Re: RE: [spoon-discuss] Proto-prop: Aes Sedai

>>>/me bangs head against monitor
>>>
>>>could we try not cluttering up the rules with fantasy references this time, remember that things
>got confusing when the rules worked counter intuitively to the
>>>way everyone thought they should because of the background? *coughsirenscough*
>>>
>>-What would you have us clutter up the rules with? This will work, I think, because it /is/ a
>fantasy reference referring to a very large body of work which we can more or less use as our
>guidelines. The Ministers in charge, for example, would be expected to try to keep the books in
>mind when making their decisions. And if you haven't read the books, that's also fine because a)
>you'll feel less bound to only use what the books use, and b) This series has spawned countless
>web pages, which I'll probably be using as references more than the books, as it's easier to find
>stuff in them.
>>
>>Seriously, though, this ruleset is going to get cluttered. That happens. And there will be
>references. That also happens. What would you prefer we refer to?-
>
>If it isn't written in the ruleset of B Nomic, it doesn't count.
>
>I haven't read past the first half of the first book of this series, and I am certainly not going
>to trawl a bunch of badly written geocities websites for obscure points on how it is supposed to
>work.
-So pick it up as you go along. I mean, really, we've also had Football and The Force. I don't watch football as a personal rule, and not everyone has seen the Star Wars movies. If you don't understand the concept (a problem all newbies face when looking at the ruleset /anyway/), then watch quietly until you get the hang of it. Or stay away from channelers. Or use some sites that work. Like this one:

http://www.angelfire.com/ca7/ewot/index.html (WoT encyclopedia complete with cross-referencing and chapter-by-chapter summaries of all 10 books)

http://www.angelfire.com/ca7/ewot/main/true_source/index.html (same site, True Source page)

http://www.angelfire.com/ca7/ewot/main/true_source/op.html (this is what you /really/ want: A list of dozens of unique weaves used in the first eight books. Although this isn't a list of all the channeling done in the series, it is a list of all the channeling where Robert Jordan thought to explain the areas used.)

I'll check around for other sites if people absolutely need them, but this one looks more or less like what you'll need if you don't want to wade through the books.-

[[BvS]]