Baron von Skippy on 15 Jul 2003 01:20:01 -0000

RE: [spoon-discuss] Proto-prop: Aes Sedai

>>Level  Male                  Female
>>0      Untrained             Untrained
>>1      soldier               novice
>>2      Dedicated             Accepted
>>3      Asha'man              Aes Sedai
>>4      advanced Asha'man     Sitter
>>5      M'Hael                Keeper
>
>How about if the equivalent of the current Jedi Lord be something like:
> 6      Dragon                Amyrlin

-That's what I said at the top of the message in the bit about the Ministries of Channeling. Those will be the other names for said Ministers (well, I'll be using "Amyrlin Seat," but same thing), maybe. I'm not as sure any more. No one but the ministers starts with any real power, which seems a tad unfair, especially because the Ministers can OK any actions they choose to take. I had a different thought today that adds more checks and balances to all of this. The Ministers will be plain ol' newbies like the rest of us, and they must be in the /opposite/ gender from their ministry - the Amyrlin will, contrary to all sense, be male and the Dragon female. If that's too hard to swallow, we could have a male Dragon oversee Aes Sedai and a female Amyrlin oversee Asha'man, which probably fits better with the way the White Tower and Rand think anyway... so they'd have that control, but no more power than anyone else, and all of their actions have to go through the other Minister. This sound feasible?-

[[BvS]]