Daniel Lepage on 8 Jul 2003 03:37:00 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Games Magazine

On Sunday, July 6, 2003, at 10:12  PM, Glotmorf wrote:

Hey guys...we made Games Magazine! The September 2003 issue features an article on self-modifying games ("Meta-Gaming 101"), and B Nomic got two paragraphs on page 8. No player names were mentioned, but, hey, we know who we are...

Guess that's another reason to keep the game going...We're a legacy now!

I wonder how they found out about us in particular... I remember when the writer who, I assume, did this article was asking around on the Bulletin Board (see http://www.nomic.net/~board/cgi-bin/nbb.pl?read=1843) but I don't remember B Nomic ever coming up... Maybe one of our lurkers tipped him off.

Say, how exactly do we know what's in the September issue?

And does Games Magazine have a webpage somewhere? I can't seem to find one.

Oh, BTW, things like the Force update and those new grid props I mentioned will be along... uh... any day now... I've suddenly found myself in a full-time job, and it's rather disorienting (combine this with the fact that they keep closing my little dead-end road for repaving, then opening it again when it rains and they have to postpone, and you can see why I'm having scheduling issues. I HATE having to leave the house at seven in the morning when I have nowhere to be until nine.).

--
Wonko