SkArcher on 26 Jun 2003 07:02:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Simplifying

26/06/2003 06:40:08, Adam Hill <adamahill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>--- Daniel Lepage <dplepage@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>I thought they failed, though.
>
>Yes, they did, but Orc's p1457 passed, and part of its text was "change the first instance of 'player' to
'Player, Gremlin, Robot, or the Yeti'."  That's neither here nor there, though.

>>A lot of the "things that don't work" are hardwired in, so to speak;
>>removing them would require many minor changes in dozens of places.
>>
>>I'd rather nuke everything, and then start anew with the things that
>>might work.
>
>Simply a matter of philosophy, I suppose.
>
>>But by the time we recomplicate things, we'll (hopefully) find either a
>>new Admin or a way to function without one.
>>
>>Unless you're volunteering to track the Grid for us while we continue
>>to complicate it...?
>
>I would certainly do that, at least in the interim.  I don't think it's entirely necessary to have one
specific person tracking it, though.  When I first joined, I maintained my own copy of The Grid on graph
paper and updated it each time someone moved.

Nowadays, that could get real expensive on the graph paper

I'm all for shutting down the grid temporarily - perhaps destroy the peripherals that are the cause of all
the complexity now and deactivate the rest while we work on it

SkArcher