David E. Smith on 12 Jun 2003 01:52:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Proposals

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003, Daniel Lepage wrote:

> Okay, I'm gonna submit this as a protoproposal right now.

I won't hold you responsible for the obvious omissions, like the fact that
the rule changes aren't labeled, etc.

What sort of entities are you envisioning as Unlimited Proposing Entities?
Limited PEs makes some sense. I'm not sure I like the idea of anyone or
anything having literally unlimited bandwidth. :-)

I'm also not sold on the virtue of trying to turn bandwidth into a game
object (Bandwidth Chits, in this case). Someone could decide that they
must be trade-able objects, and someone WILL find a way to exploit this --
maybe they'll stash them Elsewhere via the internomic-trade rule, then
bring them back later on. Trying to make bandwidth tangible is bound to
cause problems, IMO.

It also doesn't look like Unauthored Props are handled, but again, it's a
draft, so I'll forgive this. (Or maybe I just overlooked it; I was
skimming, and only the Bandwidth section really caught my eye.)

...dave