Daniel Lepage on 11 May 2003 15:29:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] A cookie to the first person to identify the quote...

On Sunday, May 11, 2003, at 12:35  AM, Orc In A Spacesuit wrote:

From: "Baron von Skippy" <baronvonskippy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
I propose:
{{
__Power... Overwhelming...__

Add a subsection to 301.G:
{{
G.4. Angreal and sa'angreal
There exist objects called angreal, sa'angreal, and ter'angreal.

I like the idea of including the Wheel of Time stuff, but I would rather keep it seperate from Jedi stuff.

Hmm... as I recall, being a Jedi wasn't something anyone could do. Same goes for being an Aes'Sedai. And a few other things. I have two seperate ideas:

First, let each person choose a different path. You can be a Jedi, OR be an Aes'Sedai, but not both. And maybe we could come up with other mutually exclusive things, that tend to be inborn. Mayve modify the Rumble rules, so only non-Jedi, non-Aes'Sedai, can be a Superhero?

Another way of doing things would be to make being an Aes'Sedai, or a Jedi, or whatever, be something that you can purchase with a new currency, something like Character Creation Points, or something, that you get when you become a player and after each grid reset, and you have to repurchase with those points if you wish to keep your rank. That would make things accessible to everyone and fair, and yet maintain the idea that not all people in a population have these powers.

What if we had a three-way system, with the Force, the Source, and some other power being used? Each system would have some way of assigning a numerical value to its follower's abilities; and the sum of these values for any given player could never exceed some value X? Thus, I, as the Jedi Lord, would far surpass everyone else in matters of the Force, but I'd be pitifully weak in terms of Source and Third; whereas a Padawan wouldn't stand a chance against me in a Force-related duel, but could weave circles around me with the Source?

Of course, if that happens, then suddenly being the Jedi Lord isn't all that great...

--
Wonko