Baron von Skippy on 10 May 2003 03:31:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Proposals

>Okay, I've got a bunch of random ideas, so I'm going to propose them
>because
>I'm like that.
>
>I propose:
>{{
>__But I don't WANT to be a toad... er... penguin... thing!__
>
>Add a subsection to Rule 301.E:
>{{
>E.8. The Statue of Simplicity
>There exists the Statue of Simplicity. The Statue of Simplicity is a
>passable uncarryable Grid Object. At any time a player who is within one
>space of the Statue of Simplicity may Simplify themselves. When they do
>so,
>the following effects occur:
>
>If the player is a Toad or a Penguin, they cease to be a Toad or a Penguin.
>If the player is in any Siren's ZOE or ZATR, they cease to be affected by
>that Siren for one nday.
>If the player's Stats are being modified by any source, they cease to be
>modified by that source. If the source is an item in the player's
>possession, the effects of that item resume affecting the player at the
>beginning of the next nweek.
>If the player is in a Speeder, that speeder loses all Upgrades, including
>Non-Reversable Upgrades and IIDs.
>If the player has any Gnomes in eir possession, those Gnomes all become
>Basic Gnomes with three hit points each.
>If the player has any Gremlins in eir possession, those Gremlins are each
>moved to a random Grid location.
>The player's BAC becomes 0.
>The player's Entropy increases by 5.
>}}
>}}

You gotta be kidding. What with accumulating the RUs and BNS necessary to get a remote-operated speeder, you want there to be an EMF generator out there such that if I fly my speeder past it my speeder gets stuck?
-So don't fly your speeder past it? Do you have a preferred result?-

>I propose:
>{{
>__I'm the half can!__
>
>Create three Ancient Monoliths on the Grid at random locations.
>Put an Entropy Harvester on a random one of those three.
>Place one Can of Whoopass on the Grid at each location occupied by an
>Ancient Monolith.
>
>Remove the first paragraph of 301.E.4.3.
>[["An Ancient Monolith is destroyed if its location is substance fire, it
>is
>hit by a thrown Bomb Gnome, or a Big Rock falls on it."]]
>[[We don't have any, we're not getting any, they're hard to get, hard to
>keep, and easy to kill, and we need Whoopass if anyone is to build
>anything
>on the Grid. So this solves all but one of those problems - they're still
>hard to get, but that's okay for now.]]
>}}

We don't have any what?  Ancient Monoliths?
-Right you are. And no whoopass, either. It's kind of dull, really.-

[[BvS]]