SkArcher on 5 May 2003 00:11:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Veni, Vidi, Vacancy

05/05/2003 00:57:54, "Baron von Skippy" <baronvonskippy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>care
>> >>
>> >-Actually, I can. For one thing, I can not get thrown in the Lake, not
>>get
>> >sold, and so on... and I can move around by myself:
>> >
>> >Force Lifting is a Force Ability. It costs 8 Force, and must be targeted
>>at
>> >a carryable object that is within 3 squares of the Lifting player's
>>location
>> >and is not in the possession of another object, and another square within
>>3
>> >squares of the Lifting player's location that the target object could
>> >legally enter. When a player Force Lifts an object, that object is moved
>> >from its location to the targeted square.
>> >
>> >I'm a carryable object within three spaces of myself, aren't I? Yes, I
>> >thought so.-
>> >
>> >[[BvS]]
>>
>>Yes, but...
>>

>>F. Carryable Objects
>>
>>F.1 Toads
>>Certain events may cause a player to become a Toad. Toads are Carryable,
>>Throwable, Passable MOs.
>>
>>While a player is a Toad, the following is true:
>>
>>Other players may occupy the same location as em.
>>E may not pick up, catch, or throw objects.
>>E may not make a move of eir own free will.
>>E may not use Elbonian Airways.
>>E is unaffected by Bonus Boxes.
>>

>>As the force rule states that the object is moved from its current
>>location, that would mean you wer moving of your own free will, therefore
>>you cannot
>>
>-Define "movement." I'm sure no definition out there as yet involves the
>expenditure of Force to lift oneself around the Grid. Therefore it's legal.-
>
>[[BvS]]

I don't have to define movement; the force rule states 'When a player Force Lifts an object,
that object is moved from its location to the targeted square.'

This explicitly states that the object in question is moved, and as you *are* the object, you are
therefore moving, and under your own free will, which is explicitly outlawed in the Toad rules.

You can move other stuff about, but not yourself.

SkArcher

Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do
the job.
Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001), The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy