Orc In A Spacesuit on 2 May 2003 20:22:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] The Daily Recognizer (Wednesday night)

This sig has been ROT26 encrypted. Reading it is unlawful under the terms of the DMCA.

From: Daniel Lepage <dplepage@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Friday, May 2, 2003, at 12:29  PM, Orc In A Spacesuit wrote:

A critical-path analysis of the appropriate logic would be useful.

Forgive me if I misunderstand, but I was under the impression that critical-path analysis was a process for planning projects or tasks.

What I think would be useful would be an analysis of all the paths of logic, of all the reasons for things involoved; this may be what you mean by critical-path analysis in this context. I did that in my original "Who Wins?" email, and I have proved all responses to it to either be A. Wrong or B. Irrelevant given the other things involved.

Actually, you haven't proven all responses wrong. Remember my argument regarding why Charters must no longer exist? I have yet to hear an argument against that, and it was on those grounds that I ruled TRUE on this CFI.

I was under the impression that I had already proved that they did not cease to exist, several times over. I'm not going to look back through all the stuff, but I recall your argument being "it's not defined, so it suddenly ceases to exist", and I don't buy that. Nowhere is there a rule that says "when something exists, and there is no rule saying exactly what it is, it suddenly ceases to exist". You could argue that a rule that says "There exists X", when repealed, might take X with it, but that's still debateable. But how much or how little is known or defined about something doesn't change whether or not it exists.

You've stated a few times how it's been assumed that the Immunity Idol and such have disappeared. Maybe they haven't; maybe they've floated around uselessly, with nobody keeping track of them, and no rules affecting them. Depends on the rules involved and proposals modifying/repealing them.

Orc in a Spacesuit