Orc In A Spacesuit on 20 Apr 2003 02:52:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Prop: Volitionals

On Saturday 19 April 2003 06:33 pm, Orc In A Spacesuit wrote:
There currently appears to be something very wrong with the internet, as I can access about half of it, but not the other. For the missing stuff, the traceroutes all go up to a certain point then just time out. So I'm assuming that some important point out there is messed up. Either with Qwest, or somebody they connect to from Dallas, from the looks of these traceroutes. Been this way for about 5 hours now.

This is relevant because part of the missing internet is the >>www.nomic.net server. Which means that I can't see the rules. Which means if I want to get a prop in befrore voting starts in an hour in a half, I'm going to have to wing this.

Hm. But that runs this list...

Actually, www.nomic.net is what the rules are stored on, and is Joel's machine. And lists.ellipsis.cx holds the archives. Whether those are both the same machine, or both run by Joel, I don't know.

Anyway, if you can get google, search for
mail-web gateways; they'll mail you the contents of a webpage.

I'll just wait it out. Hopefully things will be fixed by tomorrow. Oh, and Google's one of the things that are out. And for any who care, it's big hub of Qwest's in Little Rock, which connects to Dallas, that's causing me my problems. They were replacing DNS equipment, and goofed it up.

Orc in a Spacesuit
This sig has been ROT26 encrypted. Reading it is unlawful under the terms of the DMCA.