Orc In A Spacesuit on 3 Apr 2003 21:48:01 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Thoughts on props 38 B

With a few short hours before the voting period, I'll put out what I think of the current proposals, and maybe some of them will get revised before the deadline.

Proposal 1400/0 __Me too!__
No. That's too confusing; people may not remember that AOL means "Me too!" when reading it. Plus, "Me too sucks!", just doesn't sound right.

Proposal 1402/0 __Drinking Problem__
I don't have a problem with the intended function of this prop, but I do have two things to say: First, it won't keep people from going nuts drinking, with the current availability of BAC-reducing drinks like Espresso. Next, "removing it from eir possession" isn't too clear; do they simply drop it, able to pick it up? That's the closest I can figure it. Though I think you mean that the drink ceases to exist. I suggest that be rewritten.

Proposal 1403/0 __Who were you, again?__
Does the From: header include the email address? Having the email address Glotmorf@xxxxxxxxxxxx would count, in my opinion. The prop should be clearer on that matter. Also, I think that recognization should be optional; if I know who Daniel Lepage is, and I'm GridMin, I want things to act normally. I would like to point out that the Roster is supposed to have a list of everyone's email address. I think that would help, but do agree that everyone should put their name in their emails.

Proposal 1404/3 __Rescinding props__
FATAL FLAW! It allows anyone to Rescind ANY prop, whether or not it's theirs. Plus, "treated as if it did not exist" doesn't seem right; how about stating it doesn't get put on the ballot, and is not voted on. Oh, and I would suggest not limiting it to players, as Glotmorf said.

Proposal 1405/0 __Chug! Chug! Chug! Thud!__
I like it, except for the Hangover of the Ages part. That seems a bit harsh. Maybe make a simple Hangover, which includes a "no more drinks" clause, and disallow running or piloting an airspeeder. Though maybe you could get a friend to drive you home.

Proposal 1406/1 __Pass me, I don't do anything__
It will affect the affirmative vote count and charm and such. And "does not give points" seems worded wrong; the prop doesn't give points, the rules do when a prop passes.

Proposal 1407/0 __From some other beginning's end__
If we can seperate all the interrelated stuff and make the games more seperate, I'd be all for only a reset of the specific area that resulted in the win. However, it really is one big game, and a full reset will allow even footing.

Proposal 1408/0 __Why doesn't someone just fix the darn thing?__
That'll work. Though I think that needing only 45 charm is a bit low for a win, even with this way of getting charm removed. Hence the prop I just made.

Proposal 1409/0 __Hey, another fix!__
Sounds good.

Proposal 1410/0 __While we're at it...__
I think it's misinterpertation, but hey, I'm always for clarity.

Proposal 1212/1 __No more laggy moves__
Umm... yeah. Not really much for me to say about this one. It's a fix. Wee.

Proposal 1413/0 __Another one for the Wall of Titles__
I like Tequila Scam better, but I'm not going to object.

Proposal 1414/0 __The rule which is also an object__
Hold me.

Proposal 1415/0 __Alcohol Fix__
Voting yes.

Proposal 1416/0 __The Return of Pooker__
Well, I think of it as a bit of an homage, and something interesting that's seperate from the Grid. I agree that an automated online thing would help this out a lot.

Proposal 1417/1 __E=MC^2__
Insta-rule fun!  Wee!

Proposal 1418/0 __The Grid: Not Just For Football Anymore__
I believe BvS wanted it shelved pending changes.

Proposal 1419/0 __Unanimous Yes__
I think the concept isn't that great, as I prefer to have as few things screwing around with the votes as possible.

Proposal 1420/0 __Voting Revamp__
Blaarg, it still has that x-1 thing. Well, it'll clean up the ruleset anyway, as the rules already have the x-1 thing.

Proposal 1421/0 __Olive Harvesting__
Sure.

Proposal 1422/2 __Unlikely Icecapades__
I believe I've gotten all the issues, and even minor quibbles, taken care of.

Proposal 1423/1 __And The World *WILL* LIve As One__
Why the heck not.

Proposal 1424/0 __We Ain't Got No Class... Yet__
Too complicated by itself (and this coming from the guy with the uber-prop); system causes too much overhead for what it does. And rewriting all over the ruleset each time you switch an iten over to 2G will be a headache and a half.

Proposal 1425/0 __Leveling The Playing Fields__
I'm not really for resetting the elevation, but as we've not heard of any compelling reason for Iain to avoid Collection, I don't see why he should.

Proposal 1426/0 __Recycling Recycling Centers__
Smells like a fix to me.  I'm for it.

Proposal 1427/0 __Forfeiture: New and Improved!__
It's New!  It's Improved!  How can you not love it?

Proposal 1428/0 __I'm Not Too Old to Work!__
Old? No.  Cranky... well, um... Oooh a monkey!

Proposal 1429/0 __Re-tilling Olive Harvesting__
I like cleaner wording, but this almost seems like free points for M-Tek.

Proposal 1430/0 __Stop orc slurring, for a price__
Pointless; I'll stop slurring sometime during this voting period (I'm not quite sure what nday I won). I was suggesting taking out the slurring provision of the Tequila subsection, so this doesn't happen again.

Unnumbered __If It IS Broke, Fix It!__
I think it's functional now. Not sure I like a society that already has an income source getting more, though.

Unnumbered __Ehem, no, I think I'd like to just stay here__
I fixed the one complaint I had with it.  It's a fix, not much to say.

Unnumbered __Tweaking Justice__
Plugging holes in the justice boat.

Unnumbered __You gotta do things yourself__
Sanity for Dave.  As is the upcoming ministerial elections.

Unnumbered __Now that's winning charm!__
Another fix.  Wee.