Adam Hill on 1 Apr 2003 04:21:01 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: The Daily Recognizer (Saturday afternoon)

>Just making sure:  You know that I goofed up, and meant to rule FALSE,
>right?  FALSE is the ruling that agrees with the lengthy analysis I gave,
>saying that things sent things sent to a private forum are indeed private.
>Well, just making sure; I don't know just what you think of the CFI.

I know, and I respectfully disagree.  I see both sides as logical and reasonable, and I'll explain why I chose true.

Rule 15 says that "votes cast privately shall not be disclosed publicly until the end of the voting period."

For my example, I thought of someone CCing eir votes to the Admin and to spoon-discuss.  A ballot sent thusly would result in the votes being received by everyone on the -discuss list (i.e., not private) as well as being published publicly on the Internet (i.e., public).

So, unless my ruling of "true" is in fact disagreeing with the statement that "votes or vote changes sent to forums . . . do not count as privately informing the administrator," I maintain my ruling.

Respectfully,
Anything M.