Glotmorf on 1 Apr 2003 04:00:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Prop 1415

On 3/31/03 at 9:50 PM Orc In A Spacesuit wrote:

>>From: "Glotmorf" <glotmorf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>"Beverages are Passable, Carryable MOs."
>>
>>I'm inclined to disagree with this, since it's not necessary to be on the
>>grid to purchase or receive beverages.  You can get then on New Nyears
>Day,
>>and you can simply purchase them.
>>
>>If it's desirable to contain them on the grid, it'll take more work than
>>this.
>
>Being a 'Grid object', or carrable, or passable, or an MO has nothing to
>with being in Limbo.  You can purchase Gnomes in Limbo, and they're both
>carryable.
>
>As a side note to this, I just discovered that Beer Cans are not grid
>objects in any way.  They are only purchaseable in Limbo, and can only be
>thrown from Limbo to the Grid or from the Grid to Limbo.  Despite this,
>they
>are treated as grid objects up and down the ruleset.
>
>Grid objects can exist just fine in Limbo.  Witness all the players, and
>gremlins too.
>
>So whether or not you're in Limbo has nothing to do with purchaseability
>of
>grid objects.  As far as I can tell, anyway.

That wasn't my point.  My point is that if it's a grid object it can be destroyed in an apocalypse or a win, and I didn't think things purchased outside the grid should have that happen to them.  I didn't mean purchasable in Limbo; I meant purchasable if the grid was to get nuked tomorrow.

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a cyber-anthropologist's blog
http://ix.1sound.com/ivoryminitower