Orc In A Spacesuit on 30 Mar 2003 08:46:01 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] What I do?

From: "Baron von Skippy" <baronvonskippy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
So... what exactly are the various problems people have with the improvements prop in its current form? I fixed a lot of the things people mentioned: vSOI doesn't get anything free, the whole thing is now easier to read, I defined what was referred to but not defined, etc. What can I now do to make all of your voting experiences more enjoyable and positive?

I dunno how I voted or why I did vote that way. I know that at first, I never really analyzed it, or the armies rule, to see what they actually did. That changed in the past few days. I read over Improvements again just now, looking for way to improve the prop.

Factories are not tied into making anything, and making things (airspeeders, etc) is not tied into anything. If we're gonna have factories, I say have them do something other than simply produce money. Have them produce worthwhile goods. And perhaps have those goods cost more than just what comes out of the mine and the power plants; workers need salaries, and you won't find everything that goes into a speeder underground. Finally, a thought to expand things: Perhaps make a set of "standard goods", like "gears" "fuel cells", etc, and have each factory either wholly devoted to one. Or maybe allow a single factory to do more than one thing (make everything that goes into a car /and/ put the car together, for example), but at a lower efficency than dedicated factories.

Although this isn't directly a quibble into your prop, if we were going to have parts, warehouses that societies could use to store them would be nice. Bah, I'm branching out too much. Back on topic...

I would like to move away from giving specific societies or players special things explicitly by the rules. Maybe require "SIMBA Plans" to purchase or operate a SIMBA factory, and have the prop give 1 "SIMBA Plans" to vSOI. But just saying "you can buy SIMBAS from vSOI", I don't like as much.

And yes, I have a prop on the ballot that makes OrcTech sell something, but then since all the other societies have one, I'm just trying to stay competitive. And vSOI has Airspeeders and Gnomes already, adding these would make it more unbalanced. Personally, I'd like to see a prop deleting all society references to the rules while simultaneously giving all those societies the plans to make the things they could before.

Minor quibbles, but you asked, and I answered.

Oh, I would like any feedback anyone might have on my __Unlikely Icecapades__ proposal.

Orc in a Spacesuit