Orc In A Spacesuit on 29 Mar 2003 07:28:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Prop: Leveling The Playing Field(s)

From: "Glotmorf" <glotmorf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Expediency of action. There could arise situations that a single person can't take advantage of, but three people could. Said situations might require immediacy of action, before (a) the situation goes away or (b) someone else takes advantage of it. The leader of a society might declare that the members of eir society act in such a way to exploit the situation, rechoning said members might thank em later for eir quick thinking and acting in their interests.

If someone wanted to do such, they could set their Automation Script to something like,
"Whenever M-Tek asks me to do something, I do it if I can"
or
"Whenever Glotmorf asks me to do something, I do it if I can"

That would work out just fine. Even though I am opposed to even that kind of 'puppetry', giving anyone the power of more than one player, it would work.

Any other reason we might want societies to be able to force players into doing stuff?