Orc In A Spacesuit on 29 Mar 2003 02:03:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Can you dodge?

From: bd <bdonlan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Friday 28 March 2003 05:06 am, Orc In A Spacesuit wrote:
The question is, would we want to have there be a chance to miss on things, and if so, how much? Should hits be automatic in most cases, and only if you have something special, like a good set of armor or good dodging ability, do you have a chance to avoid attack? Or should it be more random, with a chance to go either way if it's a normal attack and the target has no special defense?

How's this:
roll-based-on-attacker's-accuracy + weapon-modifier >=
roll-based-on-defender's-evade + armor-modifier means it hits?

I have something similar wrote up.  Not exactly the same, but close.

In either case, I think Pinball Guns should keep a good chance to hit. I mean, all you have to do is make contact, and they're right there next to you.

Set the weapon-modifier to some insanely high value.

Yup.  Just needed to know if there was even a point, though.

do we want to go far as to add types of damage?

Let's wait on that one.

One vote for more complicated, and one vote for waiting.  Wee.

Actually, my proposal has turned into more than just causing stats to do stuff; it's making new rules regarding carrying stuff, moving, and combat, as you surely know from all these posts I've been making about it. As a result, I think that once I get everything looking nice, I'll actually split it up into several proposals, one each for each new system, and then the next nweek make the prop that ties them all into the Stats, as that'll only take a few sentences.

Oh, and bd, I did screw up the judgement of that CFI. I meant FALSE, and changed my ruling as such. I suggest you do the same.

Orc in a Spacesuit