Glotmorf on 28 Mar 2003 03:35:01 -0000

[spoon-discuss] On Win Resets

On 3/27/03 at 8:19 PM Daniel Lepage wrote:

>This is not to say that *all* abilities need to be kept through
>Resets... One interesting approach I found in a game called "Rumble",
>which was based on the idea of superheroes beating each other up for no
>particular reason. The idea was that before the game started, every
>player would come up with a couple 'Super Powers', which could be
>anything they wanted, from "Every turn, gain three hit points" to "if
>you get up and do the chicken dance, every other player must do the
>same or lose 30 hit points." These abilities were then put into a pool,
>and one by one they were pulled out. When an ability was pulled out,
>each player would write down how much they were willing to pay for that
>ability; all players would reveal their bids simultaneously, and
>whoever bid highest would lose starting hit points equal to eir bid and
>gain the ability.
>
>What if some special abilities were passed on like that? So at every
>reset, we could all bid on who wanted to take over the Ministry of the
>Force, or Wealthy Bastard Enterprises; you could get instant promo to
>Jedi Lord, or control over the sale of Speeder parts, but you'd have to
>pay more than anyone else was willing to to get them....

Pay more with what?  Would everyone start out with a pool of something that they could use to bid for a few big things or a slew of little things?  And would it be sealed bids, or rounds of sealed bids, or are we talking N-Bay here?

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a cyber-anthropologist's blog
http://ix.1sound.com/ivoryminitower