Orc In A Spacesuit on 26 Mar 2003 08:58:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Wins and resets

From: Joel Uckelman <uckelman@xxxxxxxxx>
Thus spake Rob Speer:
On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 08:16:10AM -0600, Orc In A Spacesuit wrote:
Next, I belive the purpose of having play continue after a win is
essentially to start the game over, rather than all of us just saying, "Well, that was fun. Bye everyone.", and not playing anymore, or starting a completly new game. A Nomic did not have such a clause; Rob won, and that was it. Game over. It took nearly half a year for B Nomic to get started.

Blah. I'd really hope they weren't that directly related. There was no
reason that the game couldn't have kept going after the Win (the points were reset, even) - except that the server went down for a month or so.
That put a damper on things.

--
Rob Speer

What Orc says about not having had a reset rule isn't true at all: A Nomic had such a rule from the beginning. R122/0 was entitled "Post-Win Reset" (http://www.nomic.net/deadgames/a/www/Rules.Categorical.16.html#122.0), and was an initial rule.

--
J.

Oops.  Heheh.  My bad.  But still:
"Rule 122/0 : Post-Win Reset
In the event of a Win being awarded, the Administrator shall reset all Scores to their initial value. If possible, play continues normally; otherwise, play ceases."

Play ceased. :p
Okay, I was wrong. But my point still stands. Whatever it was. Oh yeah, saying that the game should be equalized for all players after a Win.

Orc in a Spacesuit