Orc In A Spacesuit on 26 Mar 2003 06:47:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Future of the Grid

From: "Glotmorf" <glotmorf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Okay...I was sort of against making the grid bigger before, but this might necessitate it. But if the grid does get bigger, I think Football should be either scrapped or be situated on its own grid. I still favor multiple grids set up as dimensional planes or physical layers.

How big a thing do we envision the grid becoming?

						Glotmorf

I think that multiple "grids" is something that is good. However, the way the ruleset is written now, it really can't be implemented easily. Another reason for that uber-prob of mine, which I've been going over recently, since it removes nearly every darn reference to "The Grid" or "Grid Locations" or whatever, instead creating universal, generic, Locations. Locations which can have different Regions, like The Grid, The Alternate Grid, the Football Gridiron, The Risk Board, whatever. I got so close to catching up, then we had that whole takeover business... bah.

I have been thinking the past few days about a prop, that as a part of it, would include an alternate Grid. But the way the rules are now, unless we make a new "grid" extremly limited, we'll have to rewrite a huge portion of the rules to get everything to work correctly.

I need to stop talking so much and get back to work on the thing. And with all the recent changes, as well as the ones that are looking to come soon, I'm gonna have to rewrite half the thing again.

Orc in a Spacesuit