Orc In A Spacesuit on 23 Mar 2003 15:57:01 -0000

[spoon-discuss] A few replies

Wonko said:
I enter the grid at (18,19) and pick up the Master Sword. [[I dropped it due to the apocalypse]].

Yes, Link must not be without his sword.

Wonko said:
I petition the Council of Elders to remove from the ruleset the bit about 45 Charm resulting in a Win for the Charmer.

Considering that the rule Players May Not Win has been implemented, I would think that we could just do this by proposal.

Glotmorf said:
As for the Charm thang, perhaps a better idea would be to make it more problematic to drink 24 glasses of tequila (or any other alcoholic beverage).

I agree. I also think that there should be more qualifiers on the Charm-win rule. I said as much back when the prop that did this was done, all the way back in the beginning of September.
The prop can be found at http://www.nomic.net/~g6/history.php?rn=956
My protests can be found at http://lists.ellipsis.cx/archives/spoon-business/spoon-business-200209/msg00000.html Dave couldn't count my vote, that would have stopped the proposal from passing, as detailed here: http://lists.ellipsis.cx/archives/spoon-discuss/spoon-discuss-200209/msg00037.html I didn't pay much attention, as I was more focused on fixing everything with an uber-prop, but on Oct 7, I believe, I was looking over the ruleset again, and decided that this was too much of a clean and easy win to pass up. I then waited for the gamestate to gain a semblance of order. I waited 5 months.

Glotmorf said:
When a player drinks an alcoholic beverage, eir BAC is compared to a roll of 2d12. If eir BAC is greater than the roll, the player is too drunk to get the drink to eir mouth, and spills it, removing it from eir possession.

Too easy to circumvent with BAC reducers. I had enough Espresso, without even really trying, to reduce my BAC by 20 (2 gnomes, each with 2 HP, each squeeze reducing BAC by 5; I had already drank one.) And it would cost only 5d4 points per an additional 5 BAC reduction. Perhaps if one BAC-reducing thing would have an effect per nweek. Oh, and my sig referred to the ONE TEQUILA, TWO TEQUILA, THREE TEQULIA, FLOOR blurb that you may see pasted on people's shirts and stuff. I think that the limit should be three drinks, and you're done, Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster style.

The Voice said:
It hails, [[no effect-- no gnomes]], rains [[15 random squares become wet]], and rains again [[another 15 squares]].

And immidiatly aftwerwards, all Wet and Frozen marks get removed, and they all become Fire. Wee.

Regarding props to fix all this, go ahead and propose something (well, maybe just edit Glotmorf's post), but I'll go ahead and say this: This races prop that I'll be able to get back to work on once Spring Break's over will (if is passes, and this doesn't get changed) integrate a step system, with a cutoff for Inebriated and another for Drunk off eir Ass, and another for Passed Out, or something like that (still not set in stone), and the actual BAC for each of those will depend on the player's Constitution.

I would suggest maybe having each drink only able to do its effects once or twice per nweek, with the exception of the BAC increases.

Orc in a Spacesuit
Eater of the Worm