Baron von Skippy on 20 Mar 2003 03:01:59 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Moves simplified; more?

-Unhindered for all. Getting the window is hard enough; we don't need Armies getting all jumbled because they're half on one side and half on another. However, there could be something like it takes one or two ndays to get through the window (think the Ways from the WoT series, but less evil), and if you send one end to Limbo, the window collapses, trapping the person in the middle in Limbo, or something like that.-

Hmm.
First, I actually thought of making armies just having to declare a movement throught the window, then wait 3 ndays or so before it actually happened, not this splitting up stuff. But hey, the ability to split up armies into less powerful versions, and combine smaller armies together, would be intersting. I might propose something if I ever get around to figuring out just how armies work.
-The complication-o-meter just went "ding." I like combining damaged armies, but not splitting and recombining and stuff like that...-

Next, that was an example, terms are flexible. We could just disallow certain things and be done with it. Finally: The Ways... Hmm... and make them less evil why? Sounds like an interesting idea.
-Evil is bad... although, hmm, what if an army that went through became Insane for an nweek or so, making using the window maybe not really worth it unless you really, really need it?-

Well, I'll leave this up for comment. One final note, if we let Airspeeders through, that will let them become even more powerful. Is that something we want?
-I've got three letters for you: IID. Airspeeders can already go wherever, whenever.-

[[BvS]]