Glotmorf on 19 Mar 2003 12:32:00 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Introducing the Plugboard

On 3/19/03 at 8:36 AM Luk Vandelaer wrote:

>On Mon, 17 Mar 2003, Glotmorf wrote:
>
>> {{ _Introducing the Plugboard_
>>
>> Add to the end of Rule 625 the following:
>>
>> D. Lack of Support
>>
>> At any time a particular Ministry is vacant, and there exist rules that
>are
>exclusively handled by that Ministry, the Administrator has the option of
>setting said rules inactive for specific or indefinite periods of time.
>Said
>rules become active again once the Ministry ceases to be vacant.
>>
>> }}
>>
>> [[ Bet this makes Dave itch to vote...:) ]]
>>
>> 						Glotmorf
>
>Remember that a rule will be repealed automaticly if inactive for 3
>consecutive nweeks...
>
>If a Ministry stays vacant that long, rules will dissapear of Dave set them
>inactive.

All the more desirable for Dave, I suspect, and all the more reason to take on a Ministry.  Besides, Dave can say the rules are inactive for a specific amount of time, such as two nweeks, which means they'd become active again before the third nweek, whereupon, if he really wanted to, he could set them inactive again.  The rules also permit him to take on ministerial duties if he desires, in which case the office isn't technically vacant.

Thing is, if a game mechanism needs managing, and Dave doesn't want to do it, and no one else does either, perhaps no one should have to.  It's a possible mechanism for letting rules idle out the same way players do.

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a cyber-anthropologist's blog
http://ix.1sound.com/ivoryminitower