Christopher Bartlett on 17 Mar 2003 17:25:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Unanimous bonus

Poetic feet are units of stressed vs non-stressed syllables. The four standard feet of which I am aware are:
Spondeic: a single stressed syllable: [O] what a rogue and peasant slave am I
Iambic: two syllables unstressed followed by stressed: [because] [I could] [not stop] [for Death]

Trochaeic: two syllables stressed followed by unstressed: [By the] [shores of] [Gichi] [gumi]

Anapestic: three syllables unstressed unstressed stressed: I'm sorry I can't come up with an example at the moment but think of horse galloping rhythm.

	Bridgeweaver