Daniel Lepage on 2 Mar 2003 06:25:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Oooh! Bigger Guns!

On Saturday, March 1, 2003, at 11:45  PM, Baron von Skippy wrote:

>I propose:
>{{
>__Oh Boy, Barney's On Fire!__

I'll live with the hangover, and even the empty mini-fridge, but it occurs to me that speeders are based on semidimensional hover technology. If a speeder is launching something from a turret, shouldn't the recoil blow the speeder a square or two in the opposite direction?

						Glotmorf

-No, because a) the projectile is much smaller than the speeder, so the speeder doesn't move backwards as fast as the projectile, and b) you semidimensionally hover in the opposite direction as the blast, and you stay in one place. However, I do like the mental image of a speeder with a RBFG (Really BFG) strapped to it firing the gun and zipping back a space or two, then flying forward, firing again, repeat as needed. Perhaps it can yet be used.-

It was Big Bertha, wasn't it? The enormous German artillery that had to be mounted on a railroad car because the recoil was so big?

How about something like,
{{
name: Big Bertha
BNS: 400
RUs: 300
External: No
Reversable: No

The Owner of a Speeder with a Big Bertha may, if e is in eir speeder and has not already done so during the current nweek, Blast the Crap out of any of the eight directions N,S,E,W,NE,SE,SW,NW. When this happens, all squares on a line directly along the target direction from the speeder are treated as if Cans of Whoopass had been cracked open upon them.

The speeder doing the firing is moved in the opposite direction five squares; if this would result in the speeder passing through an Impassable object or off the end of the Grid, it is thrown Elbonia Style at the square on its before immediately before the path end.
}}