Baron von Skippy on 2 Mar 2003 04:47:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Oooh! Bigger Guns!

>I propose:
>{{
>__Oh Boy, Barney's On Fire!__

I'll live with the hangover, and even the empty mini-fridge, but it occurs to me that speeders are based on semidimensional hover technology. If a speeder is launching something from a turret, shouldn't the recoil blow the speeder a square or two in the opposite direction?

						Glotmorf

-No, because a) the projectile is much smaller than the speeder, so the speeder doesn't move backwards as fast as the projectile, and b) you semidimensionally hover in the opposite direction as the blast, and you stay in one place. However, I do like the mental image of a speeder with a RBFG (Really BFG) strapped to it firing the gun and zipping back a space or two, then flying forward, firing again, repeat as needed. Perhaps it can yet be used.-

[[BvS]]