Baron von Skippy on 22 Jan 2003 18:02:00 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Total randomness

If you don't play the card game Magic: The Gathering / don't have a clue what it is / are on a sacred quest to hunt down and destroy all players of said game, feel free to skip this message.

You now have my complete, utter, and full attention.
-Shoulda realized that would happen.-

For a lark, I'm creating a set of Magic Cards based on B Nomic. If you'd like to offer input, feel free. I've got the following cards "made" at this point (note: These are all, of course, mutable. If you'd like to be the one to write "your" card, go ahead.)

Player cards:

Well don't I feel special. Well, I'm an Orc, so I guess my type, keeping in line with the Admin one, would be "Creature -- Legendary Orc B Nomic Player". And by the way, the cards did go back to that format, rather than the Summon Blah Blah, and under the current rules, "B" and "Nomic", as they are seperate words, are seperate subtypes. Anyway..
-Yes, there's no Orc card, but it's not a slight against you - you may have noticed I only made four players and Dave, out of the 30some players ever in this game.-

Lesse. Orcs are cheap, and cost red. I've got a spacesuit, and so high toughness is good, as well as, perhaps "(R): Orc In A Spacesuit gains Flying until end of turn. Orc In A Spacesuit deals himself 1 damage." And my big rule changes...
[[
(2): Roll a 6-sided die.  The following happens based on the roll:
1: All players may search their deck, choosing a creature card in it and putting it into play. 2: All players may search their deck, choosing an enchantment card in it and putting it into play. 3: For each player, a random creature is chosen, and all chosen creatures gain a random one of these abilities: Flying, Shadow, Phasing, Flanking" or "2, Sacrifice this creature: Search your deck for a creature card and put it into play." until this ability is used again. 4: All Players may vote Yes or No. If at least half of all players vote Yes, all cards in all zones, including any removed from game, are shuffled into their owner's libraries, each player's life is set to their original life totals, each player draws cards equal to their hand size, and all actions on the stack are removed from it.
5: Tap Orc in a Spacesuit (darn computer!)
6: Tap any creature named Glotmorf that has done leathal damage to any player, and Orc In A Spacesuit.
This ability may be played by any player, but only once per turn.
-I see. The Tap Orc ability is fairly ridiculous, unless I were to add "Any player may use this ability" to it, and I think the tap Glotmorf is too specific to leave. Also, a note for everyone: Space is LIMITED. I can fit 3 or 4 abilities, but Orc's list there would not fit.-

I'd want to do more card-specific interactions, rather than this long stuff, but don't know enough about the other new cards.

Flavor text. That should not be my decision, but it's needed. For all these cards. Perhaps some of our quotes?
-If I get a grand inspiration, I do flavor text. Given that that's only happened a few times, feel free to create your own or suggest someone else's.-

Finally, I gotta do uin. I wasn't here when he was around, but I've seen enough of the archives.

Uniquely Identifying Names         4
Creature -- Legendary B Nomic Player
3: Choose any ability on any permanant. All permanants with that ability lose it as long as UIN remains in play. Another random player may do the same, but may not choose this ability. Any player may pay 3 life to counter this ability.
-It's disgusting how close that is to what I came up with... more on that when I've got the card in front of me.-
At some point, I'll find a way to stick these online. If you've got a picture you'd like used / think is PERFECT for a card, send it on - I don't have the first clue what I'm going to use for pictures for these.

I'm guessing you don't want a 1600x1200 24-bit color depth jpeg... guess I'll have to keep looking. For gnomes, you gotta get some stuff from Invader Zim.

--
Orc