Rob Speer on 11 Jan 2003 06:18:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] insta-props

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 09:10:34PM -0500, Baron von Skippy wrote:
> -I was liking it, because it looks like a good idea, but I will not vote
> for it so long as the second section is part of the proposal. There are a
> few reasons for this: 1) I like power, even if we're not using it. 2) WE
> AREN'T USING IT. What harm is it causing you? 3) The 1001 Chutzpah turns me
> off to it. If Chutzpah turns into a battle to see who can tack on the most
> powers of 10, it clearly isn't worth having. I think it's worth having,
> therefore I'm opposed to arbitrarily high Chutzpah.-

This is the harm caused by the Overlord: it may take a legitimate win
away from someone.

If I exploit a loophole and win, Glotmorf could say "No you don't",
patch the loophole, and declare that I haven't won. That wouldn't even
be "self-serving" if he patches the loophole; everyone but me would
benefit.

Never mind that Glotmorf may promise not to do this. Winning is sacred.

And yes, anything with chutzpah 1001 deserves to be laughed at, not
voted for. Try 4. Or explain what every chutzpah level in between is for
- what, for example, would be the benefit of giving a proposal chutzpah
367? How about 368? Et cetera.

--
Rob Speer