Baron von Skippy on 18 Dec 2002 03:08:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Foreign affairs

I wouldn't mind doing it... of course, I've said that about at least three
other Ministries lately, and I *still* haven't gotten things finished to do
something with them...
-So call a vote of No Confidence and run.-

What if the dominant scorekeeping unit isn't used to determine wins? Say,
for example, a Nomic with lots of currencies, but *no* way to win?
-Then... well, then their money is next to worthless, isn't it? Actually, I've been thinking about this. In the happy afterglow of a post-win reset, we have no points here, but according to that little formula, our points are still only worth 1S. Maybe the commission should set exchange rates based on actual holdings?-

Well, that's what it says - "Rules defining purchasable items can be created
by the Administrator at the request of one player" So if I ask for a rule
defining a purchasable item, Dave can create that rule.
-So it'll be rewritten. (By the way, I'm referring to Friday when I say I'll do this stuff, so no one wonders why I'm not doing it. This will take a while and I don't have the time tonight, tomorrow, or Thursday.)-

What if they already have them? Say, before agreeing to be governed by this
treaty, they propose Gnomes - the treaty doesn't apply to them yet, so
nothing prevents this. Then, they join. Now they've "violated" our
copyright, not be creating the things themselves, but by already having
them.
-Find me another Nomic with any of the things we have and I'll answer this. Seriously.-

Is War ever going to do anything?
-Haven't there been Nomic wars in the past? Besides, if two games really hate each other, they need an outlet somehow.-

It never says they can't be.
-Feh.-

How about the Nomic Associative Treaty Organization? Or the United Nomics?
-Nomanon. The Nomsaw Pact. The Commonwealth of Independent Nomics. The United Federation of Nomics. The Organization of Purchaseable-item Exporting Nomics...-

--
Wonko