Baron von Skippy on 15 Dec 2002 06:27:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Where does the time go?

>>> Award Rob Speer the title "Patriarch of B Nomic." [[E recieved his three
>>> points in a previous proposal]]
>>>
>>> Award Iain the title "Patriarch of B Nomic" and three points of Respect.
>>>
>>> Award Wonko, Glotmorf, Baron von Skippy, and Wild Card the title
>> "Veteran
>>> of B Nomic" and one point of Respect.
>>>
>>> Add to the Roster the date which each player joined [[players are
>> really,
>>> really strongly encouraged to find this out for themselves - I joined
>>> 1/15/02, and while looking for that, I found Wonko joined 12/20/01, and
>>> Glotmorf 12/25/01.]]
>>
>> You need to use 'the player named ...' there. Didn't you learn *anything*
>> from
>> the GR! arguments? :)
>>
>> --
>> bd
>> The degree of technical confidence is inversely proportional to the
>> level of management.
>>
> -You have a point, but here's a rebuttal: Is anyone REALLY going to press
> this point? Also, the name of that rule isn't just there for kicks... I
> actually can't remember the word. Help, please?-

I thought we backed down on the naming point? Because if a string, which is
a player's name, doesn't have any meaning in the game beyond that name, then
simply using the string is enough to specify that a player is being
refferred to, instead of something else?
--
Wonko

-And can't Dave just wave his hands and make it happen the way the proposal implies as correct?-

[[BvS]]