Glotmorf on 11 Dec 2002 05:53:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] random comments on the ballot

On 12/10/02 at 6:14 PM David E. Smith wrote:

>> Proposal 1245/0: Unix fixing (Wonko)
>
>not again...
>
>One way or another, a SINGLE version of the Resources rule needs to be
>settled on, once and for all. I'd slightly prefer this version, mostly
>based on the fact that it means fewer numbers for me to track; but either
>way, changing from one system to the other, on a darn-near-nweekly basis,
>is just plain wrong.

Well, this proposal, at least, is a do-nothing, since it explicitly cites revision 6 as the one to replace, and revision 6 isn't the active one...

>> Proposal 1250/0: Let's get them working right (Orc In a Spacesuit)
>
>not again...
>
>Just based on how many total revisions there have been, the Societies rule
>is starting to rival the Grid rule for inhuman complexity.

...Whereas this is possible justification for re-thinking the whole shelve concept, or redefining it so it's not quite so easy to get things shelved.

>> Proposal 1253/0: Well, at least it's not another SOE... (The
>Administrator)
>
>If passed, I intend to implement, and will probably be CFI'd for it. Ask
>if I care.

Yer just beggin' me to zap this, guy. :)

>> Proposal 1256/0: ...Or Would You Rather Be a Cogno-Intellectual?
>(Glotmorf)
>> Proposal 1261/0: ...Or Would You Rather Be a Benevolent Activist? (Orc
>>                  In a Spacesuit)
>
>Should Philosophical Mandates be numbered objects, or just little blobs of
>text on their own page? (I'm leaning toward the latter.)

Whatever's easier for you.  Though isn't there something that says anything changable gets a serial number?

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a cyber-anthropologist's blog
http://ix1.1sound.com/ivoryminitower